Pages

Monday 18 July 2016

Day 5 ~Jesse Owens!~Eddie the Eagle


Jesse Owens was a black American athlete who participated in the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, Germany. He is considered to be one of the bravest and most inspirational Olympic athletes because he competed at a time when the leader of Germany (Adolf Hitler) did not want black men competing at the Olympic Games. My task for today is to think of someone who inspires me(like Jesse Owns) and why?.














My idol, my inspiration is Martin Luther King. He is my inspiration because he fought for the right of his country and the right for his race. Also cause he inspired me with his speech "I had a dream". One of my favourite quote spoken by him is Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You have chosen a very inspiring person for this activity, Luisa. He was incredibly brave and thoughtful. I had not read the quote that you provided before, however, and really wanted to thank you for sharing it. It is very profound.

Great work, Luisa.

Cheers, Rachel :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.