Pages

Thursday 21 July 2016

Day 7~My own sport~Paralympics


My Task for today:

Imagine that you are on the Paralympic Committee and you have been asked to create one new sport to add to the competition for this year. Use your awesome imagination to design a brand new Paralympic sport. Please remember that some of the athletes will not be able to walk or run and others may be blind or deaf. On your blog, please write:

  1. The name of your sport,
  2. A brief description of how you play the sport, and
  3. Three rules for the sport

My sport isn't really "my" own sport. It is called Lacrosse. This game involves:
-Lacrosse Stick
-Helmet
-Shoulder Pads
-Elbow Pads
-gloves

This sport is a contact sport but I am going to change it up a little bit. For this sport only athletes who can not run or walk are allowed to play for they would be playing on wheel chairs. Same rules apply for this sport. Though it would be hard holding a stick in your hands while trying to drive the wheel chair, it will be such a challenge.

3 Rules

-No contact involved
-Must pass the light ball at least 5 times before scoring
-Only athletes who cannot walk or run

Hope you enjoy reading my remixed sport

Photo Image
Image result for Lacrosse

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa,

I like the way that you adapted the sport of lacrosse to suit athletes who have a physical disability. This is crucial as many Paralympians are blind, deaf and/or missing a limb. I do think that it would be possible for these athletes to play lacrosse but we would have to make a number of adjustments. I am sure that this could be accomplished :)

From a personal perspective, I love it that you chose lacrosse because it is official sport of my home country of Canada. Reading your post has reminded me of playing the sport in our school PE classes. It is actually quite fun and pretty challenging!

Speaking of challenges, I hope that you enjoyed the Winter Learning Journey blogging programme. You have done a truly wonderful job! It has been a pleasure to read your posts and comment. I have learned a lot and will look forward to saying hi when I come into Glenbrae in a few weeks to hand out certificates and prizes for the 'Top 3' bloggers!

See you then,

Rachel :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Luisa Love that you remade this sport into one so that any body can play even if they cant walk. I agree with you it would be a challenge to drive a wheelchair and hold a stick!
Well Done

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.