Pages

Friday 14 July 2017

Day 7-Winter Learning Journey

  1. #Keep New Zealand Beautiful
Dawn breaks on Day #7 – the final day of your Great Kiwi Road Trip. You wake up early, ready to make the long trek back to Auckland. Along the way, Curious Kiwi stops at two beautiful places, Taupo and Rotorua, for you to get out and walk around.
Activity 1: While in Taupo, you go for a walk around the lake and you notice pieces of rubbish floating in the water. You also notice that there is rubbish on the footpath. As you know, it is really important to put rubbish in the bin and keep New Zealand clean and beautiful for generations to come. C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png




http://www.kiwidaydreaming.com/p/new-zealand-maps.html
With that in mind, it is time think about what you can do to keep New Zealand beautiful. Use your imagination and come up with three things that you could do to make your neighbourhood more beautiful. Post your list on your blog ☺
1- Create a clean up committee which once or twice in week does a community cleanup to ensure the are community is neat and clean.
2- As an individual, i’ll be happy to pick up the rubbish myself. Whatever I come upon, I pick it up. Or I create a movie, along with other peers to show other what the right thing to do! Which is to pick up the rubbish and keep our environment as clean as possible.
3- At school, I encourage everyone to show integrity towards our environment. Speak to them about the consequences of the rubbish as well as the great outcomes of having them picked up!. That way, they can spread the news to the whole community, family and friends.

Activity 2: After you have finished up in Taupo, it is time to hop back in the car and head for Rotorua – a town where will have the chance for some much needed rest and relaxation. In fact, you will visit the Tarawera Bush Pool – a geothermal hot pool that is located in the middle of a forest. The warm water in the pool comes from underneath the ground. After a few hours in the pool you feel really relaxed.
On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing something relaxing. I find reading really relaxing. Here is a picture of me reading one of my favourite books!
H:\Blogging Study\WLJ 2017\Rach - Selfie (reading).jpg
After a long soak in the natural hot pools, it is time to get back home. Your family and friends can’t wait to see you and they can’t wait to hear all about your adventures. Take a moment to think about what you have seen and done over the past week.


Now that i’m home, I want to take some me time. Me time, means reading time for me!. I sit back in bed and read one of my favourite candy apple books, Miss Popularity. As I do this, it’s just me and my booking, nothing else.

Screenshot 2017-07-13 at 5.09.38 PM.png


Bonus Activity: On your blog, post a video or write a description about your week. What have you learned? What did you like about the trip? What didn’t you like? Was there anything that surprised you?
To earn full points for this activity, you must talk about what you learned, what you liked and what you about your great kiwi road trip.

I have enjoyed the journey throughout the whole of New Zealand. It's been an amazing experience digitally visiting  the Sky Tower, Rangitoto,  KareKare And visiting the tallest tree in New Zealand,  Tane mahuta. I loved  going sightseeing throughout the whole of the North Island. I enjoyed writing those questions for Laura if I were to meet her. I also enjoyed creating my own flag using some bits from the original flag. I loved finding out more information about the brown kiwi, it was a pleasure meeting Elijah, my Brown Kiwi pet. I actually learnt that there was a kiwi specie called Brown Kiwi, that was amazing. I also learnt a lot  about Lorde when I was creating my DLO on her.  I learnt several of techniques of saving whales too!. I enjoyed reading the article about how the local people of Farewell spit saved the whales. I enjoyed blogging especially. I enjoyed going on this excellent journey learning about a variety of sources that have to do with New Zealand. It was really fun!.
Bonus Activity: 12 points

Well, New Zealand truly is a stunning country, isn’t it? I think that we are so lucky to call it home! Let’s make sure that we do everything we can to keep the country safe and clean for future generations…

#Keep New Zealand beautiful!

10 comments:

Telesia said...

Kia Ora Luisa,

I am happy that you have completed the 7 days of the Winter Learning Journey. I loved your plan on how to keep NZ clean. I am sure it will be a success. Keep up the amazing work! :)

Regards,
Telesia

Davarni said...

Hey Luisa,

Amazing job on completing the Winter Learning Journey. Hopefully now you can rest and catch up on your sleep.

Good luck on winning!
-DB

Luisa said...

Hi Sia and Davarni!,

Once again thank you for viewing and commenting on my posts!. Thank you girls for coming on this journey with me, it's been quite a ride. I hope the best for you all.

Kind regards,
Lisa:)

Unknown said...

Kia ora Luisa,

Congratulations on finishing the Winter Learning Journey! You've done it! It's awesome to see that you finished all of the activities and that it has only taken you a week to do it. The Glenbrae bloggers are doing such a great job (as always)!

I am really pleased to read that you have enjoyed the programme and learned new things along the way. I think that we are very lucky to live in New Zealand and, like you, I want to do my best to show integrity by caring for it properly and keeping it clean.

Have a lovely second week of holidays. I hope that you will have lots of time to read and relax. Are you almost finished reading Miss Popularity? If so, what do you think that you will read next?

See you at Glenbrae in Term 3!

~Rachel :)

Luisa said...

Hi Rachel!,

I am very proud of my peers and I for completing the WLJ. Thank you very much!. I actually finished reading Miss Popularity yesterday. I'm thinking of reading another candy apple book which is called "The accidental cheerleader".

See you then Rachel:)!

-Lisa:)

Amy Tofa said...

Namaste Luisa,

Congratulations on completing your Winter learning journey. You have travelled all around our beautiful country and reported on what to see and do in the areas you have been to. Now you can claim to be a tour guide for our country if you ever have tourists in your home.

I like your photo shows your love of reading and how relaxed you are when reading. I too love reading I just bought a book by a favourite author of mine something I do every holiday as I am not a TV person. Although when I visited my aunty she had Netflix and I watched two movies one based in India and one based in Afghanistan I think. I spent more time observing the setting of the movie than following the story.

Anyways do keep in touch.

Warm regards
Mrs Tofa

Anita said...

Hey Luisa,
Congrats on finishing your Winter Learning Journey,I know you have been working hard! Did you enjoy your book? What's a book your reading next?
-Good luck!

Anita

Panharith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aaliyahna M said...

Dia dhuit Luisa!

Congratulations on finishing your Winter Learning Journey, although I'm late! I love how reading is your "stress reliever", no wonder why your such a scholar!

All your ideas about Keeping New Zealand Beautiful is perfect, care to explain further?

Kindest of Regards,
Nahnah :)

daniel said...

Hi Luisa
Congratulations on completing all of the winter learning journey activities. You did a great job and I reckon you had heaps of fun! Well done Luisa.
Daniel

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.