Pages

Thursday 21 July 2016

Day 7~Fundraising~Paralympics


Task:
Activity 2: It is very expensive for each of the Paralympic athletes to fly from New Zealand to Rio de Janeiro to compete.  Most athletes have to fundraise in order to make the money that they need to go on the big trip. Recently, Harvey Norman announced that they will be helping to raise funds for the New Zealand Paralympic team. What could you do to help raise funds to support our amazing Paralympic athletes? On your blog, list 2 different ways in which you, your family or friends could raise money to support the athletes.

Firstly I would have fundraisers at school such as sausage sizzles, school fair and fia fia nights.
Secondly just raise money at home with my family. Go to markets to sell my mum's homemade keke esite, garage sale or raise money on the net(The give a little website).

3 comments:

Danni Stone said...

Hi Luisa, I like how you found things that you could personally organize and have a part in. After reading your blog I wanted to check that there was a Givealittle page, as it is a really good idea for everyone to be involved!

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa!

I completely agree with Ms. Stone. I love the ideas that you have come up with to help raise funds for our Paralympic athletes. I am quite sure that you could raise a lot of money through sausage sizzles, school fairs and/or Fia Fia Nights. Our Paralympic athletes have worked so hard to get earn the right to represent New Zealand that I want to do what I can to support them. Hopefully, plenty of others will visit their Givealittle page and pledge their support by donating funds.

Here is an example of a Givealittle page that has been created for a Paralympic cyclist from New Zealand called Fraser Sharp:

https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/sendfraser2rio

Cheers, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Luisa

I think you have come up some really good Ideas to help some follow there dreams. I would what It be like to be an athlete and then find out that someone has fund raised for me, If I were them I would be super Exited
Well done

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.