Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Day 5-Winter Learning Journey

Day #5: One Step at a Time…
After a long day at the beach, it is now time to move away from the water and drive inland, through the middle of the south island. You are going to start in Nelson and drive south before crossing a huge mountain range called the ‘Southern Alps.’ The scenery is going to be amazing!
Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest…

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png





I  turned around to see that C.K(Curious kiwi) and the gang had stranded me. In a matter of seconds, loud and sinister noises echoed through the forest, this left me looking around, wide eyed like a owl. I began strutting through the bushes, looking for the gang, that is when I relieved myself of every horrific thought that flew in my mind until I felt a pair of eyes lie upon me. All the horrific thoughts came flying back, I was as paranoid as ever. I slowly breathed in the cold air, counting to 3, “1…...2…..3”. I ran as fast as I could, continuously looking back and every time I did, a black figure appeared getting closer every metre I moved. Scared out of my wits, I glanced back and the figure disappeared. I looked back to the front, and came face to face with the dark figure. I gasped in fear, gradually fading away, hitting the dirty ground, head first. I woke up to the sight of six familiar faces, “What happened?,” I asked. “Well you ate a berry that made you hallucinate, you ran every where thinking that you were being followed. Then you passed out after you touched a Wet,” C.K replied. We laughed hysterically at this and finished our tour.
Activity 2: After the adventure at The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve, you are pretty happy to get back into the shuttle van and continue with your road trip. Over the next few hours you travel up and over the Southern Alps, arriving in the city of Christchurch to eat lunch. You have a delicious meal at a café downtown and then hop back into the van to travel to Twizel, a small town at the base of Aoraki-Mt Cook. Mt Cook is the largest mountain in New Zealand. It is also the mountain where Sir Edmund Hillary trained for his climb up Mt Everest the tallest mountain in the world. Sir Edmund Hillary is very famous because he was the first person to ever reach the top of Mt Everest!

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Sir Edmund Hillary pic.jpg
Now it is your turn to learn about a famous New Zealander. Use Google to research one famous person from New Zealand and then create a DLO and post it on your blog. Be sure to include: 1. The name of the famous person, 2. Where they were born, 3. Why they are famous, and 4. Two other interesting facts about them.


Lorde
Lorde is one of my many New Zealand inspirations. She started off in a small country, New Zealand, and grew up to be one of the most beloved pop musicians in the world. She is like most girls in our country, with high ambitions and courageous. I created a small biography of the singer using google drawing. I forgot to mention her Hit songs which are Royals, Tennis Court, Green light, Yellow Flicker Beat and Team, which are all my favourite songs of Lorde also!.


Bonus Activity: You and your tour group have enjoyed your day in the mountains but you’re ready for a change of scenery. You ask Curious Kiwi to take you to Central Otago, a region of the south island with lots of rolling hills and flat, brown grasslands. While in Central Otago, you decide to join the Otago Central Rail Trail – a 150 km long cycle trail. Curious Kiwi and I (Rachel) cycled the Rail Trail in April and we loved it!
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to cycle the Otago Rail Trail one day. Does it sound like fun? Why or why not?
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Rach Rail Trail.jpg
Rachel on the Otago Rail Trail, April 2017


I would absolutely love to cycle the Otago Rail Trail!. I would love to explore the amazing sceneries as I cycle past them. This will challenge my biking skills as I would probably be biking on sturdy, bumpy, narrow trails which will for sure raise the bars for me. It sure sounds like a fun and amazing experience. I hope one day I will get the opportunity to visit!.
Bonus Activity: 10 points

Whew! It has been quite the day of sightseeing. You reach your hotel in Dunedin tired but excited. Tomorrow you are going to visit a very special and important place in the south island before you drive back to Auckland…

12 comments:

Amy Tofa said...

Wow Luisa you surely are travelling very far away from home and it must be freezing. I am very fond of Lorde and what she has achieved in her music career. Just yesterday and this morning I was listening to some Kiwi music by artists/bands from the 80s. They are old school but some of my favourites. Holiday makers and The Jets. Check them out sometime.

Danni Stone said...

Hi Luisa,

Like Mrs Tofa I also like Lorde and I think you have done a wonderful job of your DLO! I also liked reading your story, but I wonder what is was that made you pass out when you touched it - was it a weta?

Telesia said...

Hi Luisa,

I really enjoyed reading your DLO as well as your short story. It was very interesting to read. I loved it :) 2 more days and your finish! Keep up the great WORK!

Telesia

Davarni said...

Hey Pizza,

Your infographic about Lorde is great. And we can't forget about your story. You have used so much describing words. Keep up the amazing work!.

- DB

Luisa said...

Hi Davarni, Sia, Mrs.Tofa and Miss.Stone!. Thank you for viewing and commenting on my blog. Mrs. Tofa, I will make sure I listen to those bands, they sound great!. Miss.Stone it was indeed the Weta, in my story(though I didn't state it) I have a fear of bugs!. Thank you Davarni and Sia for your feedback and compliments!. All the best!,

-Lisa:)

Anita said...

Konichiwa Luisa,
I really enjoyed reading your blog post,especially the DLO about Lorde and the Short story you've written! I think Lorde is a great singer,Isn't it a shocking that she's from New Zealand! I really enjoyed reading your short story about being stuck in the woods/forest It was well written and quite fascinating! Keep up the Hard Work!

-I see a winner!!
Nitaa

Anastacia said...

Salaam Luisa,

I really like you google drawing presentation because it has fascinating facts about Lord and I am so thrilled to see this WLJ because It really helps me with Home learning and other stuff but anyways, I never knew that Lord was your favourite New Zealand Singer!. I also stopped by to say that you have a really good 8 -10 sentence story. It is really great to see that you have learned a lot this Winter Learning Journey! :))

Kind Regards,
Anastacia

Have a good Day!!

Panharith said...

Your infographic about Lorde is great.





Goldenslot สล็อต
goldenslot mobile

cherise said...

Wow Luisa
I'm quite surprised I thought you would do you information report about Kj, I guess not
But you still did a amazing job, again nice work and keep it up
Cherise

daniel said...

Hi Luisa
Great job on day five! I didn't even know that Lorde is a New Zealander. I would also like to cycle the Otago trail. Keep up the amazing work.
Daniel

kemika7384 said...

สล็อตออนไลน์เกมพนันที่ขาพนันสามารถที่จะเล่นได้จาก 918kiss แล้ว
สล็อตออนไลน์ นับว่าเป็นเกมที่เป็นเกมคาสิโนที่มีความสนุกสนานร่าเริงที่มีความต่างจากเกมคาสิโนอื่นๆเนื่องจากว่าขาพนันจะทราบว่าเกมพนันในลักษณะนี้เป็นเกมพนันที่มีความสนุกสนานร่าเริงโดยการเล่นผ่านวงล้อหมุนที่ดินเกมได้มีการกำหนดไว้ให้ เป็นวงล้อหมุนที่มีถึง 5 วงล้อบ้างหรือ 4 วงล้อบ้างตามแต่ละเกมที่จัดให้ รวมทั้งมีสำคัญๆเป็น 3 แถว และก็เกมสล็อตนั้นบอกเลยว่ามีภาพเครื่องหมายที่ทำให้ขาพนันจำเป็นต้องลุ้นว่าการหมุนวงล้อสล็อตนั้นจะก่อให้คุณไก้เงินที่ใช้ในการเดิมพันขึ้นหรือเปล่า รวมทั้งเว็บไซต์พนันออนไลน์ที่บอกขาพนันเลยว่าเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่มีความนำสมัยของเกมพนันเป็นที่สุดแล้วก็มีการเปย์เงินโบนัสเยอะที่สุดก็จะต้องเว็บไซต์ 918kiss เลย เนื่องมาจากเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่มีสล็อตออนไลน์ให้ท่านได้สัมผัสในแบบเกมที่มีความไม่เหมือนกันไปอย่างน่าดึงดูด
918kissหมายถึงเว็บไซต์สล็อตออนไลน์ที่ขาพนันเข้ามาแล้วหลังจากนั้นก็ไม่ได้อยากออกมาจากเกมสล็อตนั้นเลย
เว็บไซต์สล็อตออนไลน์ที่ขาพนันมองเห็นกันในขณะนี้นั้นจะต้องบอกเลยว่าเป็นเว็บไซต์พนันที่มีความไม่เหมือนกันไป บางเว็บไซต์เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่มีเฉพาะแม้กระนั้นสล็อตออนไลน์แค่นั้น แต่ว่าบางเว็บไซต์ก็มีเกมพนันอื่นๆอีกด้วย เช่น เกมบาคาร่าออนไลน์หรือเกมรูเล็โคนอนไลน์ก็มีให้ขาพนันได้เล่น แม้กระนั้นในส่วนของเกมสล็อตที่นับได้ว่าเป็นเกมสล็อตที่ยอดเยี่ยมในยุคนี้ ขาพนันก็จำเป็นต้องเข้ามาในเว็บ 918kiss แค่นั้น เนื่องจากว่าเว็บไซต์สล็อตออนไลน์เว็บไซต์นี้จะมีผลให้ขาพนันผู้คนจำนวนมากที่เข้ามาแล้วจะไม่ได้อยากต้องการออกมาจากเว็บแห่งนี้ไปไหนอีก เนื่องมาจากเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่มีความปังอย่างยิ่งเมื่อเข้าไปเล่นแล้วมีแต่ว่าจะได้โบนัสในทุกๆครั้งที่เข้าไปเล่นนั่นเอง
เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่ขาพนันจะชอบใจในทุกๆครั้งที่เข้าไปเล่น จำต้องสล็อตที่เว็บไซต์ 918kiss เพียงแค่นั้น
918kiss เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่มีสล็อตออนไลน์ที่เป็นจำนวนมากเลย และก็มีนานัปการต้นแบบอีกด้วย ซึ่งแต่ละอย่างนั้นก็มีชีวิตชีวาที่มีความแจ่มใส มีภาพเครื่องหมายที่สะดุดตา ทั้งยัง ยังมีโบนัสให้ขาพนันได้รับแบบไม่ยั้งอีกด้วย ด้วยเหตุว่ายิ่งเล่นไปในทุกๆครั้งขาพนันก็จะได้โอกาสสำหรับการชนะเงินรางวัลมากยิ่งกว่าการเสียพนัน รวมทั้งเมื่อชนะแล้วขาพนันก็ได้โอกาสสำหรับในการไปสู่รอบโบนัสแล้วก็รอบแจ็คพ็อตอีกด้วย แบบงี้นี่เองก็เลยทำให้ขาพนันไม่ได้อยากออกมาจากเว็บไซต์ 918kiss เลย
แล้วก็ เว้นแต่ต้นแบบเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่พวกเรากล่าวถึงแล้วนั้น ในเกมสล็อตของเว็บไซต์ 918kiss เอง ก็มีความพิเศษที่มีเนื้อหาให้ขาพนันได้ทำการศึกษาเรียนรู้อีกด้วย ไม่ว่าจะเป็นอัตราการชำระเงินหรือจะเป็นแบบไลน์สำหรับเพื่อการชนะพนันก็ตาม ด้วยเหตุนี้ เว็บ 918kiss ก็เลยเป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ขาพนันสามารถที่จะเล่นสล็อตได้แล้วในวันนี้
918kiss

John said...

Such a wonderful message with a good outlook. It was a pleasure to read it. It's simple to comprehend. And, as a gamer, I'd like to recommend a shader pack for Minecraft. You can get the BSL Shaders  set here, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.