Pages

Thursday 4 August 2016

Volley Ball Session🏐

Another term means another exciting sport. This term the sport that we are being taught for Kiwi Sport is Volleyball. Volleyball is one of my favourite sports and I speak for all the girls and some boys in my class.

Our coach Antonia (or Toni for short) taught us basic skills on how to set the ball, control and hit the ball. The volley balls Tony had brought were much softer and lighter than the balls we had at school, so it was much easier to hit. The first skill we learnt was the “dig”. The dig is an hand movement to hit the ball over the net or to another player. We had practiced hitting the ball back and forth to each other using the digging movement. We also learnt how to do proper 3 touches, which is when you pass the ball in the air 3 times to the players and over the net.

Afterwards, we were taught another important skill. This skill was learning how to set properly. Tony showed us that our two thumbs and two index fingers had to join creating a circle or diamond shape. Then all we had to do was push the volley ball upwards.

As we were heading to the end of our session we also learnt how to spike. Learning how to spike was very hard and I either hit the net or missed the ball. Though I was able to hit the ball a few times. For the spike I had to take one medium step forward with my right leg, a bigger step with my left and jump up on both legs, trying to hit the ball when our partners threw the ball up. It might not be confusing now but just wait til you try it.

At the end of the session we played quick games against 2 teams. My team, team 2 worked cooperatively but had a few faults. For our last game our components brought up a fight but at the end we lost by one. I really enjoyed playing games and freshening up my volley skills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.