Pages

Friday 16 October 2015

Gratitude and Reflections

In 2015, I am grateful for interschool sports, my wonderful classmates and meeting the silver ferns. Also at the end of the year I would like to achieve top academic in my class.

Throughout the year I have joined and participated in interschool sport events representing Glenbrae School along with other students. I joined cross country, soccer and netball. For cross country I cam 13th, in netball my team came 4th and also came 4th in soccer. Even though I didn’t come first, second or third in cross country I felt proud that I tried my best. In netball I thought that we did a great job at attacking and defending the opposite team. The most important rule in sports is to have fun and try your best.

Also throughout the year my classmates attitude had progressed. We have been using more manners and have been better active listeners. We have been through lessons about controlling our anger and actions. We have done roleplays about doing the right things in school like using our WITS. Yeah once in awhile we are fighting or getting frustrated at each other but we are getting better. We all know to ignore those who bully or annoy you so you're not saying anything bad to them and they are not saying bad words backs. I am so happy I got to work, play and contribute with all my classmates and let’s just say what 4 terms its has been. (Actually I would like to be in the same class next year)

Later on in the year, I was lucky enough to meet the one and only Silver ferns netball players,(some of them) along with 9 other students and at least 6 other schools. Before we actually got to meet the Silver Ferns  we met with the other schools at the St Kentigern sport hall. In the hall we had done fun warm ups with the St Kent's Premier  Netball team, who came nearly 1st in the college tournament not 2nd. After the warm ups we met with the Silver Ferns at the the St Kent’s Netball court. The Silver Ferns held activities at every post at each court. The first fern we were with was Grace Rasmussen and carried onto each of the other fern players learning new skills about shooting, attacking and defending. But the best thing going on the trip was watching mary make close friends with all the Silver Fern players and having fun.

At the end of the year I would like to achieve and become top academic. By becoming the top academic in my class I have to work twice as hard to reach the national standard. In writing I am 3A, in Maths I am 3P and I am also 3P in Reading. So I need to go up a level in each of my subjects to reach the national standard To reach 3A in maths I need to work certain problems I have trouble with like Decimals. In Reading I have to get better at reading between lines and inferencing better. Also by becoming top academic in my class I would be very proud of myself and so would my family. Even if I don’t achieve my goal or don’t become top academic I will try even harder the next year.

So far this year I am very grateful for participating in interschool sport events, having awesome class mates and meeting and making friends with the Silver Ferns. At the end of the year I would hopefully achieve my top goal of becoming the top academic girl in my class.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.