Pages

Monday 5 October 2015

Family Reunion

On Saturday my family went to my Uncles house to reunite with my dads brothers and dad. Who we last saw since 2011.

Before we left though we cooked potato salad, chop sue and Tongan cake. Then my dad dropped off the older kids at the train station because there was no room for them in the van. Once my dad had dropped them off all the smaller kids including me got into the van and buckled our seat belts. Once in a while my mum would receive a text from the older kids saying where they were. They were on their to the Middle More train station waiting for us to pick them up.

Finally we arrived at my uncle's house, as we went in I saw most of my relatives and I was so happy to see my Grandpa. Also everybody was already eating so we sat on the mat and ate pizza before we went and ate more food. On the table where all the food was set, there was cooked mussels, pieces of pig, fish, potato salad and Lu.(traditional Tongan food)But before I ate I went with my dad and Sia to look for the older kids.
Atlast we found them walking towards the main road to my uncles house.

As we arrived back at the house I ate a lot of food and so did my older brothers and sisters. Then after everybody ate and drank we played outside in the backyard. My brother and I were playing kicks with a small rugby and then I accidentally kicked the ball to the neighbours house. I ran inside like nothing happened, everybody else followed and so we played Chinese Whispers. 

A few minutes later my grandpa got dressed up to got to the airport. Once he packed his clothes and finished dressing up we took a lot of photos. He said that he will comeback with grandma and my cousins in December. But this time their staying over at my house. Then Grandpa left with my cousins, uncle and aunty to the airport but we stayed behind with my parents. My dad dropped off the older kids off while they were gone and when he came back we were all going to go. While they were gone we watched a movie which they downloaded into their TV. The movie was called WWZ,(World War Zombies) it was such a terrifying movie but we left before the movie finished.

I was so sad because Grandpa left and I only got to see him fr a few hours. But relieved because I was going to see him again. Our family reunion was so emotional and fun.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.