Pages

Thursday 18 May 2017

Bill English visits St Bernadette

On Mother day, our Parish (St Bernadette) received a shocking surprise. As my family walked through the main path to our church, we spotted 2 men, suited up with a ear piece in their ears. We immediately guessed that someone important was visiting our church.

Little did we know that the important person was non-other than the New Zealand Prime minster. Yes!, Bill English. He stayed throughout the whole mass!. During holy communion, he was in line ready to receive the bread. That was when I learnt something new about him, apparently he's catholic. My siblings and I watched like Hawks as he passed us, we then turned to each other and muttered, "Oh my gosh......that's Bill English!". That was the last we had saw of him, until the mass was finished.

As the prime minster made his way outside of the church, many parishioners surrounded him, shaking his hands and hugging him. It was not until we reached outside, we got a better view of Bill English. Everyone seemed so star struck, taking photos with him and then turning around with a shocked face. If you are wondering whether I got a photo with him, I did indeed. He was very nice, and welcoming, he was open to take photo's without being rude!.

Soon, the private shoot ended. Bill English,  (i'm assuming they were his) Secretary and body guards entered a grey vehicle and drove away. I had joined meeting him, for he was very nice.

My mum(Nolini) and Mapui(Parishioner) with Bill English


1 comments:

Amy Tofa said...

What a lovely photo. Yes he is Catholic and he is very strong in his faith for he opposed a bill strongly in the past because of his religious beliefs. Good one.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.