Pages

Monday 22 May 2017

3D shape recongnition♦️♥️

For maths, we were put into 3 groups for the rest of the week. The groups are called Sphere, Cube and Pyramid. The group names are shapes because our class math focus for the week is Geometry. Each group are assigned checkpoint activities. Cubes had to work on Check Point 3. In each checkpoint there are our Learn activities, Create activities and Share activities.

My group's learn activity were to identify the many parts of a 3D/2D shaped, such as vertex, edges and faces of a shape. Our create activity was to create various 3D shapes using tooth picks and mini marshmallows. Lastly, for our share activity we had to explain to the group what shapes we made and the extra designs too. We also had to say what we learnt from the activity and one thing we found challenging.

Personally, I found the learn stage quite easy and the create stage easy too. I learnt several new shapes as I was creating my marshmallow shapes. Overall, I found the math lesson educating and very fun also, I especially enjoyed using the marshmallows!.

The shapes Angelica, Newsam and I created were a square based prism, cuboid, hexagonal prism, pentagonal pyramid, cube and triangular prism.

Photos of some of the shapes we created!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.