Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Last Tennis session

For the past 7 weeks, we have had Tennis for our Kiwi sport. We started with the basics, back and forehand serves as well as practicing our over hand serves. Our skills evolved every session, getting better and better each week. Today was our last Tennis session with Mr. Campbell, our kiwi sports tennis coach.

We had started off our session with some 2 on 1 tournaments on all 3 of our netball courts. We each took a turn to serve, all of my peers tried their best and I think that everyone had a chance to be one of the Champions. As I was playing, I noticed that I was very good at over hand serves, my serves were very elegant. To me it had looked as if the ball was spinning in slow motion. 

Every now and then, Campbell switched our placements, it started off with 2v1, 3v1 and we ended on 3v3. It was quite challenging. I had to run up and down the court, sometimes i'd hit the ball, and sometimes I didn't. I found out that it's quite difficult to hit the ball when the opponent serves, the ball is either too close to me or the ball is travelling at a very high speed, that I am not able to hit it in time.

All ur tennis sessions were funy and very active. Campbell had taught us various skills that hopefully will come in handy. I learnt how to serve properly and how to spin the ball so that it curves down onto the court. I enjoyed today's lesson and I know my peers did aswell. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.