Pages

Monday 20 June 2016

Clubs-Sewing

Once again we hit off the start of the week with clubs. The club that I chose was Sewing because I wanted to learn how to sew of course for special occasions.

Today's sewing sessions was learning about the different stitches. The stitches are Running stitch, Back stitch, Blanket stitch, Wip stitch and Hem stitch. Alex's mum helped for today's lesson and started of by drawing five/four lines on seven red fabrics. Afterwards we had to sew the running stitch on one line, back stitch on the other line and blanket stitch on the last line that way each stitch is straight.

My Running stitch started off great until it was time for me to change to back stitch. I found the back stitch more difficult because sadly I wasn't paying attention. But at the end I got the hang of it. During our hard sewing work, Mrs. Raj and Mrs. Changereokul  discussed our third session and pulled thoughts out on what we should create. Mrs. Raj decided that the boys should create scarfs with pockets and the girls create headbands. They also discussed on the fabric we were going to use. At the end of the day their minds were made up and it was time to pack up.

Today's session was fun and exciting. Now I've gotten better at each stitch and i'm hoping I could use them for good uses. Over the next few weeks Mrs. Raj decided that we will be soon using the sewing machine.Image result for sewingImage result for sewing

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.