Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

Our 4 day weekend

Last week we a had a 4 day weekend for all the Glen brae Students. After Friday our 4 day weekend began and we came back to school on Wednesday. You must be thinking why we had a four day weekend, well here it goes. We had a 4 day weekend because, on Monday it was the Queen's Birthday and on Tuesday it was teachers only day, where all the teachers learned something new. During our 4 day weekend, we had a family reunion, read a spooky mystery book, barbecue and talked to my friends at my old school which I hadn't seen in a year and a half.

Firstly, on the first day of the weekend, we went to a family reunion from my dad's side of the family. We went to our uncle’s house which was in a place in Pakuranga. When we arrived at our uncles house we knew straight away that their house was going to be packed. As soon as we entered the house, we saw all our cousins, aunties and uncles. My dad was the second oldest of his brothers so he always acted like he was in charge. My uncle, Ilaisa played for the Tongan rugby union team and used to play for Counties Manukau and Bay of plenty but he retired and is now living happily, he was sitting with my other uncle Maasi. While my dad was bossing his brothers around, my dad’s mum was saying a prayer for the food and prayed that we may all have a bright future. My favourite part of the visit was getting to know some of my family members better and eating the food that was flooding  the tables that were set. I had a fun at the family reunion, there were parts when I got emotional, when Sia (my dad’s mum) talked about her journey to China and that she was going to miss us. Maasi, dropped Sia to the airport as everyone else followed closely and wished her good luck on her new job. Going to this family reunion was important for my family and my dad’s because since my dad’s mum lives in Tonga, my family is not able to travel to Tonga because some of us don’t have passports.

The next day, we had a barbecue at my cousins house. Inside their house, it was chilly until they turned on their heater. My dad and the others were getting the barbecue set ready while my mum and the other mums were seasoning the meat. All the children were playing in the driveway until, I responsibly told them to move into the yard where it is very safe. But as soon as the kids heard the word “FOOD”, they froze for a second and ran into the house. I entered the house as the smell of chicken hit my nose, all the parents yelled “come on kids, the food is ready”. My sister was setting the plates, forks and spoons on a table separated from the others.The first thing I put on my plate was Potato Salad, then a whole lot of sushi and other kind of foods. I loved eating the food(especially the sushi) and playing around with my little cousins. We left the my cousins in a hurry, because my dad didn't want to miss any rugby matches that were coming on the t.v. Spending time with my relatives is important to my family and I because sometimes we need to bond with them because we hardly see them.

While my family was watching a rugby match, I didn't want to waste my time lying in my bed, doing nothing so I closed my eyes and picked a book from my book collection. The book I had in my hand was called, Mystery of the haunted town. I read the blurb before I continued reading the book, it looked like their were three types of stories in the book. I wondered what kind of mysteries happened in the town  but i'd have read all three stories. The first story was called unfinished business, the second story was called Beauty tricks beast and the lost story House alive. I don’t want to ruin the story by telling you because you’ll have to read it yourself. My favourite story was Beauty tricks beast, it was a funny but scary story and it only took me an hour or so reading the book before going off for a sleep. I felt very tired reading the 1st chapter of the third story but I wanted to finish the story.

The following day, I decided I wanted to catch up with some of my former school mates back at Bailey Road. I got to know that one of the tech teachers moved to another school, which was a teacher that taught my older siblings and next year, they are going to get i pads and get to keep them. The cool thing was that you only had to pay $60.00 for a iPad. We asked some weird questions and sent each other funny emojis. That day I also versed them online on 8 ball pool and Tankionline, on our family computer. I got tired of chatting with my friends so I had a small nap, woke up and read Princess Diaries until I fell asleep again. It was important to catch up with my friends because I hadn't seen them in a long time which made me sad until I heard from them all of a sudden.

My family and I, had a busy weekend, going to a family reunion, a barbecue and chatting away with my friends. I very enjoyed my long weekend and I am looking forward for another big, exciting weekend. My favourite event was catching up with my former school mates, getting to know what was happening back at my former school and just playing with them made me thrilled and happy.

2 comments:

Honey said...

Nice descriptive work Luisa! I like the awesome describing words you used. in this. Nice picture too. Did you enjoy spending time with your family?

Honey said...

Nice descriptive work Luisa! I like the awesome describing words you used. in this. Nice picture too. Did you enjoy spending time with your family?

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.