Pages

Friday 19 June 2015

My Family Bonding time

Last year for Christmas, my parents bought us a lot of presents. At first it was a secret until we found our parents sneaking the presents underneath the Christmas tree. On a cold, Christmas morning one by one my brothers and sisters woke up and gathered around the Christmas tree that was near the door in my house. Everyone thought for a moment that we could just take the presents, but NO my mum and dad thought of a terrific idea. To get your present you need sing or dance to a Christmas song, I thought maybe it was a great idea so we could bring the Christmas spirit,  later in the day we had a water battle and a great delicious feast.


After a while everyone chose a partner to sing with, Mateaki(my older brother) paired up with his twin Sione(other older brother). They sang Santa Claus is comin to town, everyone bursted into laughter and fell silence when they finished singing. My parents awarded them with their gifts, they received 2 presents each, in one of the boxes was a nerf gun and in the other was a star wars light saber, my older brothers are pretty immature so that why they received those presents.(just to let you know it’s a fake light saber)


Later on  was My sister Sia and I, we sang Jingle Bell Rocks. “Jingle Bell Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock” We stopped for a second til we remembered the rest of the lyrics. The only silly people who were laughing was my smaller siblings. They stared at me for 10 seconds before pointing at my face and laughing. As we finished, I felt relieved that it was going to be over and that we will receive our presents. Before we were given our presents, my parents pulled a HMM Let Me Think Face  and finally gave us our presents. I received a smiggle pack which had a long rubber, a pencil which had different colours in the inside and Sia also received a smiggle pack too. Our other present was was in a medium sized box, as I ripped the wrapping, I saw a purple glowing book. I ripped the rest of the wrapping off and screamed “AHHHHH, Thank you mum and dad I love it”. Yes I did scream because what I received was a science book that tells you how to make glow in the dark goo.


Moments later, everyone received their presents , even my little baby brother who got a teddy bear with bells on the collar it was wearing. As soon as our parents left to go Christmas shopping, Mateaki and Sione got out their nerf water guns and sprayed us with water. All the children ran to get the water balloons that our parents bought for us. I grabbed the hose and a bucket to fill up the water balloons. Everyone was ready for battle, once we hit the enemy with the water balloons  we retrieved their water guns. Everyone was having loads of fun. Our parents came home but they weren't mad, my dad even joined in. He threw water balloons at me and I called out “Revenge”. My dad and my older brothers were jumping on the trampoline, while my siblings and I came up with a plan to get my dad back. All of a sudden a bunch water balloons hit us like guns shooting at us. As soon as the water balloons stopped firing at us we stood up in terror, as I stood up I saw the cheeky faces of my dad and brothers. I pretended to cry, I ran into the house and so did my younger siblings. They laughed outside for about a minute before feeling sorry for us and then PLOP SPLASH AND Bloop, the sound of the water balloons hitting them was a sound of victory for us. My mum called out to us that we have to shower and help make dinner.


As I waited for everyone to hurry up and get out of the shower I jumped on my older sister soaking her. Lucinda(My older sister) laughed and told me that “You're so wet Luisa, go dry off and then shower, I replied quickly “sure”. After I had a shower everyone had wet hair and was helping my mum to cook the food. For dinner we had roast turkey and Pork. We also had traditional tongan food, we had Ota Ika, lu and raw fish. The food was delicious, I got full eating all the food, I even tried to stick all of the food into my mouth at once. The day was over, the sun slowly set and my family was relaxing in the living room watching the Christmas t.v shows that were coming on.

I knew that I would always remember the day that I really bonded with my family and the day I had fun spending time with my family. I loved playing the water battle and eating the delicious food my mum made. I would have to say, that that was the best Christmas ever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Luisa, thank-you for helping me learn about how your class uses digital technology and blogs to learn, and to share. I have lots of ideas to share with students when I go back to help in schools in the South Island. Will you be writing a post about the Science experiments that you've been doing during the Science intensive week? Keep doing amazing work for your teacher Mrs Parker : )

Ms Campbell

Luisa said...

Yes, I would. Thank you very much and Hope the best for you.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.