Pages

Monday 13 February 2017

Water Fun Day- Friday

Another year, another successful Water fun day. Every year Glenbrae school holds 7 different fun water involved activities. This year’s Water Fun Day was more exciting, competitive and fun. Obviously, as you can tell by the name “Water Fun Day”, the day was all about having fun with water.

Room 7 once again, came face to face with the famous Glenbrae water slide. We had to fill a cup with water and slide down, the slippery and soapy slide and fill our house bins. The twist to the activity, was that that the cups had a hole at the very bottom of the cup (doesn’t sound so easy now, does it). Some of the students reached the end of the slide with no water remaining in their cup, others had a few drops of water left but like a ticking time bomb, the water’s life span ran out of time. As I watched the other students in front of me dive onto the slide, I was eager but also nervous to slide in front of everybody on the slide. I stepped back, steadying myself as if I was in a race and as the person in front of me returned to the line, I pulled the trigger in my leg and shot at the slide. By the looks on everybody’s wet faces, I could tell they were having a blast and so was I.

The bell rang for our next activity, which as I call it Soldier crawling (Odd right, I think not). This is because we had to fill a cup with water, and crawl under rows of chairs, to then empty the water into our house bins. I found this the most challenging obstacle on that day, for I had to do  a lot of arm work. I also found that the more strength I put in into crawling, left me exhausted as I got up to run to the bins.

Our other activities were, the Over and under obstacle, Zig zag , Partner walk and Walk the plank. All of which, were very fun and exciting. Glenbrae school did something very different that day, which our school had never done before. We had a water balloon fight. One water balloon was given per student, which meant one lucky person was in for a surprise. I myself was targeted by four different people, who knew themselves that some girls and i were planning to water bomb them. But the smart people they are, got me before I got them (Well played).

To add to the fun day I had, Mrs. Tofa broke the great news to us about the water fun day house results. In fourth place, was Nikau. In third, Kowhai and in 2nd place Rata. Yes, that’s right the mighty Kauri house, took 1st place. This was very relieving and satisfying. At that moment, I wanted to gloat and relish, but as an leader I had no choice but to stay humble. Though gloating seemed better ;)(Kidding). It was an exquisite day and I had loads of fun with my friends, peers and the teachers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.