Pages

Thursday 16 February 2017

Queen Victoria Speech

Next week our class is hosting and presenting in our school assembly. We figured (Mrs. Tofa figured) that we do an assembly item on Waitangi Day. We had to choose someone who signed the treaty or was involved in making it, and write a speech about the treaty. We had to write from the perspectives of the people we chose, and then say the speech as if we were them (the character, not exactly character). I chose Queen Victoria, one of the longest reigning monarchs that has ever ruled England.

Facts on Queen Victoria
Queen Victoria was Queen of the United kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Queen Victoria was married to Prince Albert Consort(Fact: Apparently Prince Albert is her cousin!), who died on  the 14th of December, 1841( by a fever and died at 42 years old). As for Queen Victoria, she died from Intracerebral hemorrhage, (A type of stroke). She died. on the 22nd of January 1901. Victoria had 9 children, she had 5 daughters and 4 sons.


Victoria sent James Busby as a representative on her behalf to create the treaty and to convince the Maori to sign. She also sent a few other Europeans too. Some Maori chiefs had to protect the Queen back then which was part of an agreement in the treaty.

My speech as Queen Victoria
“Victoria is my name, Queen Victoria to be exact.  I am the Empress of India, Queen of England and the Queen of Ireland also. As the  queen of England I am  prepared to take on any country I come face to face, allies or non allies. As one of the most longest reigning monarchs who has ever ruled England, I need to make the days of being a Queen count. Speaking of rules, New Zealand(Odd name, soon to be New England) needs a couple of them. What a great opportunity to rule another country, and help of course, they seem reasonable. Creating a treaty is a great way to settle things between our countries, though we need the Maoris, is that correct term, Maoris?, to sign the treaty before the French get to them first. I put my trust in William to accomplish this for me, as well as James too. From what I've heard, Maori warriors are very fierce men and women. I could use some more protection up in the Palace, perhaps I could add that to the treaty, but that is to be determined later.”


Image result for queen victoria

I present to you Queen Victoria


3 comments:

Angelica Fakahau said...

Hi Luisa,your character is cool and I like the speech that Queen Victoria is going to say? Well done

Maara said...

LUISAA!! Loving the speech. Can't wait to hear you saying it with your England accent

Newsam P said...

Hey Luisa, I loved how you put amazing details about Queen Victoria and how you used your punctuation well. Your character is suitable for you. Make sure you do a British accent and be confident. Wish you luck!

Well Done Luisa!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.