Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

Making a mess in the kitchen is good right?

In Reading today I learnt how to include some interesting language features when i'm writing my poems such as enjambment, irony and euphemism. Here is a poem I have happily written about making a mess in the kitchen.

Don’t clean your dishes
leave them out
For sure they’ll clean up
By themselves
Make a big huge mess
On the kitchen counter
Eat all the food
In less than a minute
OH and don’t forget
To have a food fight

Here comes your parents
Happy and delighted
To see what a mess
You have caused
They glance out the room
With a smile on their face
Well at least that is what
I thought they did
My parents come back in
With still  smiles on their faces
happy to clean such a mess

I have made

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work using the different language features Luisa. You've used enjambment, and irony in your kitchen poem!

Nolini said...

Oh fantastic Luisa keep on the good work.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.