Pages

Thursday 30 July 2015

Standing by the window

Today for Reading I wrote a poem but you have to read the poem yourself to find out what my poem is about. I hope you like my poem.
Standing By the window
I look forward
that person looks at me
with tears coming
   down their face


The person fades away
as the light gets darker
hiding behind me
perhaps


Suddenly a herd of
lions roar really
loud like thunder
frightening those outside


Tiny ballet shoes
dancing away
creating noise
through out the day


Trees dancing wildly
clapping  to every
move the ballerinas
make


Chocolate puddles
form outside
but no one dares
to eat it
Standing by the window
















7 comments:

Unknown said...

I too like to imagine that the trees dance in the wind. This is a clever and creative poem. Please publish it into a google draw with colour and images. We will print it to display it.
Mrs Parker

Unknown said...

Also, edit the top so that it doesn't tell people what the poem is about. Ask them to guess!

Unknown said...

One more thing. I think you mean trees dancing wildly. not widely.

Luisa said...

Yes I do. Thank you for the advice Mrs.Parker.

Danny S said...

Well done Luisa you have use similes for you poem and that awesome. KEEP IT UP :)

Luisa said...

Thank you Danny.


Unknown said...

Hi Luisa, I remember when you wrote this last year and was thinking of it today when I was teaching poetry. I hope you don't mind but I shared it with some of my Yr 6 tamariki to inspire them to write with imagery - they enjoyed working out the clues to discover your hidden meanings. Mrs Parker

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.