Pages

Thursday 1 June 2017

Auckland Girls Open day visit

The college I want to attend is Auckland Girls Grammar school, one of the greatest colleges in Auckland. Auckland Girls held a Open day for the girls who are planning to attend the school. I attended the Aggs Open day. 

I was nervous at first, going to the college I desperately want to go to!. My mum, my  little brothers and I, were greeted at the entrance of the Auditorium and were given a tour guide. My tour guides name was Rosetta, who was actually good friends with my older sister. She was very cordial, friendly and lovely. According to Rosetta, my sister(Maryanne) was very known, she also said that I would fit in just right. I was very pleased with the remark.

Our tour started at the Auckland Girls Library/study area, where we saw loads of Aggs students(mainly year 13's). Rosetta had explained the different sections in the library, one where the year 9's go to read silently, a silent study area and the area with all the books. The furniture in the library were very beautiful, I loved the sight of everything in there. We then journeyed through A, and B block, where we met some of the school deans and watched girls learn in their classes. When we were introduced, the girls would say, "are you Maryanne's sister", this made me very proud and acknowledged. It was quite over whelming because some teachers and students already knew me.

Throughout our tour, we got go into classes such as their food tech and science classes and do some hand on activities. In their food tech class, the students has fresh baked food awaiting the visitors on a serving a table. The food they cooked were delicious. In one of their science classes, the students has prepared some activities for us to do. Two experiments included dry ice, one where we froze a flower in the water with dr ince in it, and we were given the opportunity to break the frozen flower. the other experiment was also interesting, the girls placed dry in a large bowl filled with water and detergent, which then created a large bubble on top. The next experiment was my favourite, in a large tube there was liquid detergent. One of the girls gave me a cup filled with some sort of liquid and I poured it into the tube. The tube then bubbled up and foam came bursting out of the tube. I watched in awe as we exited the room. The girls were brilliant.

Later on, we visited more classes including Ms.Peter's class and the music classroom, where I discussed with the music teacher about considering taking music classes. She was indeed very pleased and listed the different instrument lessons that were available. Everything sounded spectacular!.

Afterwards, passed C block and made our way to the room where the principal was having the principal talks. Unfortunately she wasn't able to make it, so we got the next best thing, one of the deans of the school. She explained to our parents about transportation from home to school, the different language, sport options and the compulsory subjects we year 9's would have to take. Sadly we had to leave, so we made our way back to the auditorium.

Before we left, I met the 2 other Aggs Prefects, and the deupty head girl. One of the questions I asked them questions were, "How do you become prefect or head girl?. One prefect answered, "Just be social. Don't wag, have perfect attendance. And just be involved in a lot of curricular subjects!". I was very inspired and more eager to be involved in school!. We left afterwards and said our goodbye's to the girls.

Going to my very first open day was a wonderful experience!. I got to see what it is like in college, and because of this, I am looking forward to going college. I had met some awesome people. What an experience!.
Image result for aggs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.