Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

Wood Tech-Term 4

Today we had our 3rd lesson in Wood tech with Mr. Grunde. For wood tech we were making a necklace. To make a metallic necklace, there is several steps, like tracing your design, cutting out the design, sanding and filing also. But today I had already completed 2 steps and now I am up to filing my design. My design is a skull with two bones sticking out a each corner.

It was very difficult cutting it out because there were a lot of curves. Then after I finished cutting it out, Mr. Grunde had poured in the liquid metal into my casket. It took about 10 minutes to set and I was off filing my piece of work. Filing is when you correct the shape of something. At the end of the day I still had some work to do, like continue filing and sanding the necklace piece so that it looks polished and shiny.

I had a fun time at today's tech lesson. I was astonished at how many steps I had managed to complete.

Image result for wood techhttp://www.woodtechtooling.com/Lenox/LenoxBandSawBlades.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.