Pages

Thursday 31 March 2016

Ripper Rugby-Skills

Today was our second to last kiwi sport session. We were mostly focusing on distracting our offenders, passing and using the space around us.

Before we got into our important activities, we played two games of Tag Bull rush. Then focused on our passing skills. Like last week, we continued passing in line except there were two balls. Afterwards we got split up into 2 groups according to our tag colours. Then coach Matt set three players from the opposite team on the field and five from the yellow team. The yellow team had to score at the other team’s starting line while the white team tries to defend.
                                       
Soon, we switched positions so that the white team now had five players on and we had three. It was so challenging because we had less players to defend the other team, where they can get through us easily.

Later on we got to play as a whole team against the white team. We were off at a rough start but soon got more confident in our passing and defending. I’m not bragging or anything, but I think I was pretty flash on my dodging skill. We ended up with a draw and both teams exhausted and relieved.

Today’s session was awesome, fun and exciting. I learnt more skills and really improved on my defending as well as my passes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

My name is Saveu and I come from St. Pius X Catholic School. I am in Room 7, year 7.

That that sounds like fun. I hope you learned lots in Ripper Rugby.

Saveu

Luisa said...

Thank you, we did enjoy the session very much.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.