Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Newspaper clipping

I learnt how to make a newspaper clipping and write a short recount using where, how, when, what and why.
I found it difficult to explain what happened with more details and information.

Malama Hunua
On Wednesday the 25th of March 2015, all the Manaiakalani schools either took a bus or walked to Pt England reserve in Panmure Auckland NZ. All the Manaiakalani Schools traveled to Pt England reserve to welcome two yachts with Hawaiian voyagers on the two boats who sailed to Auckland from Hawaii (The yachts were called Malama Honua waka and there were 2000 kids at the beach). The Hawaiian voyagers came to visit the Manaiakalani schools because after the welcoming one of the leaders from the Hawaiian voyagers gathers a group of kids and teach them how to navigate in Hawaiian. Also because Manaiakalani means “Hook from heaven”, when they heard about the Manaiakalani schools they wanted to meet all the students and teachers.  During the welcoming one of the rangatira,  he said a long but  interesting speech, he called all of us “Children of the navigators”. The rangatira called us the “children of the navigators” because long ago when our ancestors were looking for homes in New Zealand or other places they found their way by using navigation skills. I was filled with alot of emotions that day but the most specific emotion I would use is exhausted and worn out because all day I stood and sang without any water. Also because after all the schools went, children got to participate in this group conversation, I was part of that and we couldn’t find the place we were meant to be at. So we walked back and forth until a lady pointed out where we supposed to be. What a day?

Here is a newspaper clipping of the recount I wrote and I apologize for my work it does not fit my recount in the newspaper clipping properly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.