Pages

Friday 28 April 2017

Healthy shared lunch-H.H


Last year, Glenbrae school hosted a Healthy shared lunch. Each classes were assigned a specific dish to make, Room 7 had to make healthy sandwiches.

Mrs.Tofa and Miss.Stone had provided the ingredients for us to make the sandwiches. There were different stations in our class, the bread and butter station, tuna/cheese station, vegetable station, cutting station and the station where they had to place the sandwiches inside the containers.

The process of making the sandwiches were very fun. I was in the tuna station, where I had to place the Tuna onto the bread. I’ve got to admit, it was quite tempting to eat, but I managed to keep my hunger under control. Who am I kidding!, I did eat some tuna and cheese, I just couldn’t resist. As the tuna ran out, I left my station to peak at the other stations.

At the vegetable station, they were doing a great job slicing the vegetables. Yes, I ate some and it was delicious. I helped a little before I had to returned my station to start on the batches of bread but this time using cheese, for those who were vegetarians.  Later on, we combined the ingredients together to make a whole healthy sandwich. We started to plate the sandwiches and add a few finishing touches.  

Afterwards, we took the sandwiches down to the hall where the other classes had set their food on the tables. There were pumpkin soup, vegetables and hummus, chicken wraps and fruit kebabs. All had the right amount of servings for the whole school. Everyone settled down, as it was time for the blessing of the food. Moments after, class by class stood up to go get their food. It was all delicious and the best part was that it was all healthy!.

My favourite part about the healthy shared lunch, was making the sandwiches as a class. Everyone worked together, happily and we made divine sandwiches!. This is my most exciting time, I've had at school!.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.