Pages

Monday 9 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey- Day 17-Week 4

Day 17 – Famous Sights
Before you leave to head home, you will want to dedicate a few days to sightseeing in your country. There are dozens of beautiful buildings and gorgeous natural wonders. Scroll down to see pictures of three of the most famous landmarks in each country.
Germany
Brandenburg Gate – Beautiful arch in downtown Berlin

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Brandenburg gate.jpg



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_Gate
Neuschwanstein Castle – One of the oldest castles in Germany
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Neuschwanstein Castle.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle
Berlin Wall – The most famous symbol of the Cold War in Germany. It used to separate the east side from the west side of Germany.
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Berlin Wall.jpg
https://kuruc.info/r/4/160532/
Day 17 – Famous Sights
Activity 1
On your blog tell us which of the icons you would most like to visit in your chosen country. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen it!
I have already spoken of this before in my previous posts. As I said I would like to visit the Neuschwanstein Castle. This is because of a dream i’ve always had, being in a real life castle.
Activity 2
Let’s imagine that you have been asked to host a visitor from another country. They are going to come and stay with you for three days. During that time, you are expected to take them on a tour of New Zealand and show them some our most famous icons. Where would you take them? If it was me, I might take them to Mt Cook in the south island, to the Sky Tower in Auckland and to Chums Beach in the Coromandel. What about you? On your blog, tell us which three famous places in New Zealand you would go with your visitor.
I would start of the visit at the Sky tower. Admiring the city view from the sky tower and perhaps book an appointment for bungee jumping which would be spectacular.  Then I would take the visitors to the Redwoods tree walk. The Redwood tree walk is well known because some of the scenes in the movie Fantastic Beasts was shot in their redwoods forest. Perhaps we can go dragon hunting? ;). The last place i’de take my visitors to is Kelly Tarltons. The spectacular views of the sea creatures  ought to bring a smile to their faces.
Bonus Activity
Take a picture of yourself standing beside a popular place in your community. It can be anywhere that’s pretty popular in your area (e.g. a store, a restaurant, a marae, etc). On your blog please tell us about the landmark. What is the name of it? Where is it? Who goes to it?
I don’t have  a photo but here’s a photo of a place I want to visit.
Image result for Sky tower
http://www.heartofthecity.co.nz/activities/entertainment-activities/sky-tower

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa,

You have planned a fabulous trip for our visitors to New Zealand. I am confident that they will really enjoy their time in Auckland visiting the Sky Tower, Redwoods and Kelly Tarlton's. I can still remember my first trip to Kelly Tarlton's years ago. I came to New Zealand with my family to visit back in 1996 and we stayed with some friends in east Auckland. They took us to see the penguins at Kelly Tarlton's and we loved it! It was the first time that I had seen many of the sea creatures in real life as I lived in the middle of Canada, far away from any oceans or lagoons.

I really hope that you're able to visit both Kelly Tarlton's and the Sky Tower very soon!

Rachel :)

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa!

So good to see you again!

Keeping up that amazing work flow eh? Just fantastic. I had no idea Fantastic Beasts was shot partly here! So cool! I want to watch that movie even more now!

I really like your ideas for taking a visitor around. I have been lucky enough to have visitors in Auckland. One of my favourite things to do with adult visitors is take them to Waiheke to the wineries and beaches. One of my favourite things to do with families is take them to Waiwera, or Rangitoto, or hiking.

There is a really cool spot behind Bethells Beach called lake Wainamu. It has huge sand hills and a nice kind of lake, with a river you walk along to get to it (if you take the long way).

Have you ever been? I think it's a great idea for a family day out.

Keep up the great work!

Mark

Danni Stone said...

Hi Luisa,

I really like the trip that you have planned. I always think that the Sky Tower is the best place to start when showing overseas visitors around Auckland, as they get such a good view of the city.

What would you like to see at the Sky Tower?

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa
It is really cool up the sky tower I have been up there 3 times and it is really fun, as long as you are not afraid of heights

Harrison

cherise said...

Hello
I love that your standing right next to " THE SKY TOWER " Nice work

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.