Pages

Friday 30 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey-Day 10-Week 2

Day 10 – School DaysC:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\School Diary image.jpg
After meeting with the local family yesterday you are inspired to learn more about how people live in different countries. You and your family decide to go out and visit a local market. When you’re there you meet a student who tells you all about what it’s like to go to school in their country. The student also gives you a page from their diary that shows you what a typical school day is like for them.

http://dir.indiamart.com/delhi/school-diaries.htm
Here is an example of a school diary for a student from Germany.
Time
Day 1
Day 2
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
Math
German
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
History
Religion
9:30 - 9:40 a.m.
Break
Break
9:40 -10:25 a.m.
English
Music
10:25-11:10 a.m.
English
French
11:10-11:30 p.m.
Break
Break
11:30 – 12:15 p.m.
Art
Physical Education
12:15- 1:00 p.m.
Science
Science

Activity 1
Think about your school and what you typically do in a day. Compare it with the diary from the German student. What is similar? What is different? In your blog, tell us:
The difference is that Gbs starts school later (8:55-9:00). Also that our school doesn’t take language classes unlike the German school and we have more break time. Our break times are usually 25 minutes or 30. My class schedule usually starts off with a fifteen minute fitness. Afterwards we have a whole hour of reading. Without me explaining too much, I have our class time table of what we usually do during the day which there is a image of in the last activity.

  1. Whether you would rather go to school in New Zealand or in Germany
I would rather go School in Nz.
Why you feel that way
I feel this way because of the majority of time we get to play outside. In Germany they only require 10 minutes of break time. Also because Nz schools are offered free milk from Fonterra.

Activity 2
Think about your favourite subject at school. In your blog tell us:
  1. The name of your favourite subject
My favourite subject is Writing
  1. Why it is your favourite subject
I find that Writing helps me imagine more creatively. Also because I am quite great at writing, judging by my grades. I personally love to write narratives, persuasive texts, reports and poems.  
Bonus Activity
Once you have looked at the other school diary, it is time for you to make one of your own. What do you in a normal school day? Use the template below as a guide and post your own personal ‘Day in the Life of…’


C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Example of a Primary School Timetable.png
Credits to my teachers- Though I didn't create the time table, I admired our class time table and I wanted to share our Room 7's daily routines. 


3 comments:

Danni Stone said...

Hi Luisa,

It is great to hear that you enjoy school in New Zealand - we definitely saw how much you all enjoyed fitness!I wonder what would happen if we started school at 8am at GBS - our first lesson might be a bit quiet!

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa and Ms Stone,

It is great to see that you enjoy school here in New Zealand, Luisa. I think that we are very lucky to have the opportunity to be students here and to have great teachers like Ms. Stone!

When I was a student in Canada we used to start our classes at 9:00 a.m., however, a few years ago they changed the rules and now everyone starts at 8:05 a.m. It is a pretty early morning for a lot of students and some families really struggle to get to school on time. The benefit of starting early, however, is that the day also ends quite early. Everyone is finished by 2:00 p.m. and they have the entire afternoon to do what they like. If I was still living in Canada I think that I would enjoy the early finish. Most likely I would spend the afternoon playing sports with my friends :)

Keep up the great work, Luisa. It's wonderful to read your blogs and to see the great effort that you are putting into them. It is quite clear that you are a talented writer :)

Cheers,
Rachel

Unknown said...

Hi Luisa!

I hope you keep enjoying school as much as you do! I'm looking forward to beginning my first teaching job in New Zealand this year! I will be teaching years 4, 5, and 6! It seems like a lot but I think it will be very cool.

I wonder what your holiday schedule looks like haha!

Kia kaha,

Mark

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.