Pages

Thursday 7 May 2015

My holiday event

Guess what I did for my holidays, if you guessed I did something exciting that is where you are a little bit  wrong. You see my holiday was quite a mix up, there were days when I woke up  doing nothing and there were other days where I went to an exciting place.


Well I will have to at least tell you the exciting part of my holiday okay here I go. The Sacred Heart Tongan group planned a social party for all the boys who joined the Tongan polyfest group. They announced that the party will be held in a hall near the Panmure library, and the day it was held on was Saturday the 11th of April. When the day came, we had to cook food to share with all the people who are going to arrive at the social. My family cooked a traditional tongan food called Ota and we also fried  fish and chips. My 2 older sisters, older brother(who is supposed to go because he was part of the Tongan group) and my sister and I.


When we arrived at the hall we each carries a tray of food, as we entered the hall there were lined up and tables with a man that assumed was a dj player. my family put the trays on a table where there were heaps of other food on the table. Then we sat down at a table, a lady then approached our table with a bottle of juice and mango juice in a glass jug. Suddenly the dj player played music that was really loud and I couldn’t even hear myself talk. But finally the party was starting to begin, all the year thirteens walked to the front where there was a table just for them. One of the men who were in charge called all the other Sacred boys to come in and sit at the back. Then the punake which is like the person who teaches them the moves, announced that before the year thirteens do their speeches a girl came in to perform a tongan dance. One by one the year thirteens stood up and danced at the back to draw the audience in and audience came in and put dollar notes on her skin which was covered with oil.

Afterwards all the families, relatives and friends of the sacred heart boys went to get some food. Before I even reached to the fried rice it was all gone because we had to wait in a long line. When everyone was settled the head leaders said a little speech about thee time at Sacred Heart college. After the speeches the dj cranked the music up and everyone was on the dance floor. After dancing and eating my family got tired, drove back home to sleep. I had a amazing time well not entirely amazing but best holiday so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.