Pages

Wednesday 27 September 2017

My special place in the community

My special place in the community is my catholic church, St.Bernadette. A church is a building publicly used for religious worship, in other words the house of god. Church is usually on a Sunday because it’s the Sabbath day. I adore my religion and my church.

St. Bernadette is a catholic church, meaning it is open to any nationality who’re both catholic or christian. Our parishioners are a diverse of races such as Americans, Tongans, Samoans, Cook Islanders, New Zealanders, Niueans  Indians, Chinese, Korean and  Filipinos. The more diversity, the more we get the chance to experience different things we aren’t usually accustomed to. Also, it’s quite intriguing to hear the different languages being sung in the choirs. Being around a diverse of races at church also helps prepare us for the real world, the same as going to school too!. All races get along significantly making church a positive environment for me.

A common part of going church is to pray. We pray for many reasons including asking for forgiveness, for many to meet with God in prayer, helps us overcome temptation, for the safety of others, peace and to ask for everyday needs. Prayers help me strengthen my face in others as well as myself and i’ve found that the more I pray, the less I worry. Praying is a commitment, part of worship and communion with god. The way a car cannot move without fuel is a way a Catholic and Christian can’t live without prayers.

At a catholic church, you hear parables and testaments read from the bible. The parables and testaments come with influential morals related to everyday life. Some teach you the importance of going to heaven and consequences of being a sinner. From my past Sunday school lessons (A group of Christians who extend their learning on God & Jesus), I have learnt various life changing morals that help others become a better person. I’ve learnt about having faith in God, as well as others, to forgive others to be forgiven by the lord, love your neighbours and to honour your father and mother. I take those morals and use them in my life so I myself become a great person.

My church has a lot of sentimental value for I grew up there with my 12 siblings and have been attending for my whole life. I got baptised there, along with my siblings, made lifetime of memories and made several friends who I now call family. The presence of my friends make me happy whether we’re in church or having discussions about the lord. This also gives me positive vibes that make waking up early worth it. St.Bernadette is also close to my old school, Bailey Road, which I miss very much. Going church, is the closest I can ever be to Bailey Road and it brings back much memories i’ve had at Bailey when I see it. It makes me jubilant and a little bit woeful.

Learning new things never end, one of my favorite places to learn is at church. You’re surrounded by amazing people of diverse races, you pray, you learn meaningful morals connected to life and for some, it may contain a special value.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.