Pages

Thursday 19 May 2016

Netball session

I have been waiting for this moment since the start of the year. An actual sport I am capable of following without getting tired. Today room 7 got the opportunity to take part in a netball session, learning how to pivot, rotating in the air and landing properly. Our netball coach is called Anne.


My favourite part of the whole session was our fun game at the end, which is called Netball rugby. Netball rugby is quite simple, it's just like normal Netball but with one rugby rule. Which is that we start of by doing a side line throw in. We were split into two evenly teams, where each team had to score at the opposite teams rectangular box drawn just above the netball post. When I say score I mean we had to bounce the ball in the rectangular box.

We started of great ahead by three points but the other team worked cooperatively and managed to get ball to their goal. But we used the strategy of Attackers and defenders which worked very well. We ended up at nine to seven(to us) with only one more goal left. Lio passed the ball to Miami. Miami was just a meter away so he passed it to Mafoa who accidentaly let the ball go over his shoulder, but just in time to save the day I swooped in, catched the ball and victory shone like gold.

I really enjoyed our netball session because it was fun and I learnt new skills. I learnt that the fastest way to get the ball to your goal line is to pivot and rotate as you catch the ball.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.