Pages

Monday 2 November 2015

A special time with my buddy

Have you ever looked back at a special time you and your friend have had , well I certainly have. My friend Autumn and I had a holiday netball programme along with other girls at the AMI stadium. It was such a lovely day to just play sports and have fun.

Before Autumn and I arrived at the stadium my mother made us juice to fill up our bottles. We also got changed into our sports clothes and headed into the kitchen. Autumn’s mum was waiting outside talking to my mum.
Then as soon as we shouted “We’re ready!!” my mum straightened her dress up, hopped in the van and we followed along.
Autumn had told my mum her mum had given her money to buy her lunch so we drove to the dairy to get out lunch as well as Autumn’s. For lunch I had salted popcorn, chicken sandwich and a medium sized dorito chip. Mum had said that maybe it wasn’t a good idea to take junk food to a sport programme but I just stood there with my eyebrows up and my hands crossed.

Later on we had arrived at the stadium, we were told to sign in at the office and to wait inside the stadium. Autumn’s face blushed as we were greeted by our instructors. We put our bags down and played Master, my mum stood near the railing and waved good bye. I waved back in time to catch her eye as she turned around and then I continued playing. Afterwards a few more girls arrived as the programme had started. All the girls were sitting in the middle of the courts while our instructor was calling out the roll. Before we started with our drills our instructors introduced themselves. Our  instructor’s name was Shiner, (Shin-Ear is how you remember her name) Josie and Trish. After the roll we did warm ups. For our warm up we played a game called Captain's Coming. Autumn and I made a pact to stick together no matter what. When Shiner called out “SHARK ATTACK” Autumn and I would always jump on each others back and fall down laughing. But we weren’t the only ones.

After our warm up, we were split into groups with 2 instructors to play small games or practice skills. Of course Autumn and I were in the same group. In every exercise or game we would be buddied up or just stick together. After all the warm ups, games and skills, all of the girls were really exhausted including Autumn and I. We collapsed as soon as Shiner blew the whistle for lunch time. At the same time we we were relieved and breathless (literally). It took a while for us to stand up but we made it and when we did we bursted into laughter and ran up to the main cafe. As I took out my salted popcorn out of my bag so did Autumn, we saved a little for the ride home but ate the rest of my lunch. I looked at Autumn and she looked at me giving me a sign that I had mayonnaise on my nose, I didn’t know how though. The day went past as Autumn and I had more fun and got a little more silly.

At the end of the day we had our final netball matches in our small groups. Parents arrived cheering near the rails and I spotted my mum  cheering too. With my mum watching and cheering I felt confident enough to play my hardest. Autumn and I made a great team, I’d pass to her she’d pass back and I shoot getting a final score for my team and winning! Josie blew the whistle and called all the girls to the middle. Autumn nudged me and smiled, I blushed and nudged her back. Shiner, Josie and Trish called out the players of the day but unfortunately I wasn’t one of them. I knew that having a great friend beside me was better that any prize. As our small prize giving finished my mum hugged Autumn and them me. She was very proud of both of us and knew that one day we could become a silver fern.

Hanging out with one of my greatest friend was really an adventure. We h a lot in common which makes her a better friend. But the best thing in our friendship is that we always have fun in good and hard times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I like the way your introduction grabs my attention Luisa. A great use of the rhetorical question language feature.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.