Pages

Friday 3 February 2017

Volley Ball: Fitness

Once again, the girls went head to head with the boys in Volleyball for fitness. At first I was a bit nervous about going against them but as we continued to get more and more points, I grew more confident and started hitting the ball more often.


Our first game was so energetic. There were times when the girls team would get points, by serving. But same went with the boys. I’ve got to admit Inoke was an exquisite server, but then again, so was Linda, Whitney, Maara and I. Later in the game it was 14 points to 13, to the girls, match point. I served with all my might, watching the ball hover in the air, then dropping rapidly. At that moment I knew we had won the game. We cheered in delight and gloated a little.


In the second game we won again. Most of our points we earned was from our serving. Our serving was really good, who could blame us for having good aim ;,). This time the points were 15-12 to us mighty girls. Once again we cheered and gloated in delight and happiness.


Just as we began to get a little cocky, we lost the 3rd game. We were a little devastated but we were determined to win the last game. The points for the 3rd game was 15-12 (again!) to the boys. At that moment, all I could say to the boys was “Good game boys, good luck! You’re gonna need it ;,)”.

This time, it was first team to reach 3 points. To us girls, our strong point was our serves, so we used that as an advantage. With Linda serving, we were bound to win. Which is exactly what we did. As the reigning champions, the boys would have to bring a tougher fight next time!. Image result for Volleyball

3 comments:

Amy Tofa said...

Good game today. The team work is really showing through. The skills are improving too. This is a very detailed recount of the games today. Might consider sports commentating a career? Think about the benefits of being a sports commentator or reporter. What would they be?

Luisa said...

Perhaps Mrs. Tofa, i'm going to give law a shot and if i'm not successful, I might consider commentating. Who knows?. Thank you for commenting.

Luisa

Amy Tofa said...

Very good career choice. Being a lawyer was my choice when I was young too but I changed to education when my college careers advisor suggested I should be a teacher. At times I often wonder about taking law papers because I love learning about the law and also stating facts and arguing my point. However, I am happy to challenge the thinking of my students so they can be confident and articulate people.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.